This fortnight's feature blogger is ....NA Ridyard of Tattoologist.
It was a cold Saturday afternoon when I discovered the inspiring Tattoologist blog. Jam packed with photographs, this blog is a visual display of tattoo glory. An encyclopaedia of tattoos perhaps. From small and dainty tattoos to out and out works of art, this blog is bound to have a tattoo to suit all tastes. Go and have a look. I dare you to come away without feeling the inking itch. But not only is she a fantastic blogger, N.A Ridyard is a sweet and attentative one too. Regularly answering followers' questions via formspring, she also readily helps by posting photos of tattoos requested by readers. Perhaps a beauty blog isn't the place you'd expect to see an interview with an all-out tattoo enthusiast, but we are all aware how closely tattoos and fashion are linked in today's society. So without further ado, I introduce you to the lovely N.A Ridyard.
1. Let's start relatively easy...sum yourself up in 5 words.
Constantly thinking up new ideas.
2. What's your blog all about?
My blog is where tattoos, photography and fashion meet. It only reflects a small part of what tattoos are all about, but it's the part that interests me the most. The tattoos I post are mainly small and simple.
3. What (or who) inspired you to start blogging?
The lack of good tattoo magazines in WH Smith. As well as my own research for my own tattoos back then. I remember finding all these great tattoos, but there wasn't one site where you could find them all collectively.
4. What do you do for a living? What do you hope to be doing ultimately?
I'm a student right now, when I graduate I will hopefully be doing something that I enjoy for a living, something where I can create.
5. Have you got any tattoos?
Yup, it's in white though.
6. Any plans for more?
As of now, nope.
7. Can you tell us a little-known fact about the art of tattooing?
It hurts, haha. Tattooing has been around for hundreds of years, and everyone has a different interpretation on tattooing.
8. Where's your favourite place to see a tattoo?
Favourite place would probably be the wrist area, and the ribs. Both can be covered up, as well as shown.
9. Who is your ultimate tattoo icon?
Angelina Jolie would definitely be my tattoo icon. Each one is perfectly placed, and her tattoos are gorgeous on their own, but also work well together.
10. Do you prefer black and white tattoos or colour? Or both equally?
I prefer black & white tattoos, having said that, I'm not saying they're better than colour tattoos. It all depends on what the tattoo is etc.
11. Pharrell Williams has recently had his tattoos removed from his forearms. Do you think getting a tattoo is something that people are rushing in to these days? Is there any advice you could give people considering a tattoo?
There have always been people who rush into tattoos, and some that spend hours researching. There are plenty of people who don't regret their rushed tattoos, and there are people who regret the tattoos they spend hours researching on. So it all depends on the design and the person.
My advice to people who are going to get a tattoo is to make sure they will like that design forever, and that it will be relevant forever.
12. Which style of tattooing is your favourite? E.g. old school, Japanese style...
I prefer simple black and white tattoos. Especially words, I love word tattoos.
13. Which blogs do you like to read?
I love to read the typical popular blogs, style scrapbook, after drk, Carolines mode, happy because and fashion toast. I've also recently come across Park & Cube, which I love.
I also like reading up and coming blogs; Cindiddy (http://www.cindiddy.com/) and Scissor Sisters (http://www.scissor-sisters-scissor-sisters.blogspot.com/)
14. What can we look forward to on Tattoologist?
Hopefully you will see a Tattoologist book in the future!
15. Any tips for upcoming bloggers on how to make their blogs a success?
Tips would be to blog and blog and blog. Don't give up, it takes time. And to blog about things that excite you, make you happy and things that you want to share with everyone.
I'd like to say a big thank you to N.A Ridyard for being my first interviewee. Hopefully this blog was enjoyable to read and perhaps introduced you to a blog you previously hadn't read. I really recommend you have a nosy at Tattoologist, if only for the beautiful photography.
What do you think of tattoos...yay or nay? Do you have any? I love to hear tattoo tales, so please share below!
Keep your eyes peeled for the next installment of In the Spotlight!